ISO 9001 2015 LATEST UPDATE
ISO 9001:2015 release date: The latest ISO 9001:2015 standard has been released on 15 September 2015.
This new version has many key changes, one of the main changes to this is the focus on Risk-Based Thinking, which focuses on preventing undesirable outcomes.
The new ISO 9001 2015 standard is the biggest change since the ISO 9001:2000 standard, this is the biggest revision in 15 years.
Existing clients certified to ISO 9001:2008 have 3 years till 14 September 2018 to transit to the new ISO 9001:2015 standard.
You can learn more about the New edition of ISO 9001:2015 in the video below by ISO.
ISO 9001 2015 Timeline
What Are The Recommended Actions To Be Taken(For Existing Clients) ?
- Identify organizational gaps which need to be addressed to meet new requirements.
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Provide appropriate training and awareness for all parties that have an impact on the effectiveness of the organisation.
- Update the existing quality management system (QMS) to meet the revised requirements and provide verification of effectiveness.
- Decide on the transition Options, A, B, C or D and inform URS as early as possible.
- Current users of ISO 9001:2008 are encouraged to adopt the new ISO 9001:2015 revision as early as possible.
Where Can I Read Up Upon The ISO 9001 2015 Standard?
There are lots of information sharing from websites. You may visit the ISO website link by clicking here.
See a 33-minute video conversation with Dr Nigel Croft who is the Chairman of the ISO Technical Committee 176 responsible for the revision, below:
To learn about the changes in greater detail, click here.
Where Can I Purchase the Standard?
You can purchase the SS ISO 9001:2015 from the Singapore Standards eShop. Click here.
Is URS Conducting ISO 9001 2015 Training Courses?
Yes, we have planned courses every month. See training schedule here.
Do We Need To Re-train Our Internal Auditors?
No, as the auditing process has not changed. However, Internal Auditors need to demonstrate their competence to audit the new ISO 9001:2015 by undergoing an awareness course on the new ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
Is There Any Financial Assistance From The Government for implementing the new ISO 9001 2015?
SPRING Singapore has announced on 1 Dec 2015 that there will be financial assistance for SMEs’ cost of transition to the revised ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 standards.
See link here.
If you have any queries with regards to the ISO 9001:2015 standard, feel free to contact us at 6297 3630. We also conduct training on the new ISO 9001 2015 standard and requirements.
Transition Requirements for IRCA Auditors on ISO 9001:2015
IRCA Auditors can read more on the Transition Requirements in the link here.
ISO 9001 2015 Main Changes
1. Greater focus on customer
2. Risk-based thinking
3. Aligning QMS(Quality Management System) policy and objectives with the strategy/goals of an organization
4. Greater flexibility with documentation
There are now 7 main sub-clauses instead of 5 previously.
Reasons for revisions:
- World changes
- Increased prominence of services
- More complex supply chain
- Increased interested parties expectations
- Info availability
Reasons for changes:
- Increasing demand for common format & language
- Decrease emphasis on documentation
- Increased emphasis on achieving value for the organization & its customers
- Increased emphasis on risk management to achieve objectives